Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dr. Elena

My Russian doctor is very sweet…she is probably in her 40s with bleached blonde hair and usually has a big bow on the side of her head. Her English was good…but sometimes the way she would explain things were a little difficult to understand…but it is better than Russian! Even though the hospital was very modern and my doctor was very professional…there were still a few things that were a little different. First rather than a stethoscope she would listen to the baby’s heart beat through a little wooden cone shaped thing. Also…every week she would get on to me for drinking too much water because my feet would be a little swollen. One week she even told me I should stop drinking water all together, that I would get enough from fruits and vegetables. I was a bad patient and kept drinking water…because I had rather have puffy feet than be dehydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment