Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Beginning


On October 4th 2009 Tim finally convinced me to take a pregnancy test…I had assured him many times that there was no possible way I could be pregnant.  We went to the local store and found what we were pretty sure was a pregnancy test and I went to prove Tim wrong.  Almost immediately two lines appeared…but we had no idea what that meant.  We pulled out the instructions and carefully began to translate them.  I was shocked when Tim carefully translated that two lines is pregnant.  We both looked at each other in shock.  However, we decided that the test was probably wrong…it was Russian and was likely defective.  I set up an appointment at the international clinic for the next day, just in case. 
We walked into the clinic and first thing they sent me in for an ultrasound.  The technician spoke no English and said nothing as she clicked on her computer and grunted.  She printed off some things and I was sent in to see the Doctor.  The Doctor was a very nice middle eastern woman who spoke amazing English.  She introduced herself and told me everything looked good.  I finally had to ask…”so am I pregnant?”  “Without a doubt, about a month,” she answered.    Tim and I walked around in a daze for days.  This was not something that fit into our plans and all we could think of was how much things would have to change.  I told Tim that living in another country was an adventure…but I didn’t sign up to have our first baby here…that was something you did in the comfort of your own country, surrounded by friends and family.  It took us awhile, but we slowly warmed to the idea and got excited about being parents and having a little baby to love.  We had to let go of our ideas about how things should be and trust God to lead us in this new adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment